Tuesday 11 October 2005
Gilbert Murray Conference Centre, University of Leicester
The adult green paper “Independence, Well-being and Choice” covers a broad range of issues, with profound implications for short and long-term information collections and performance management.
This event will begin with feedback from the Department of Health on the Green Paper, and colleagues from
CSCI will discuss issues relating to performance management. There will also be discussion of ideas emerging from the Adult Social Care Information Development Programme.
In the afternoon there will be four concurrent group sessions, each of which will consider issues for specific groups: Learning Disability; Older People; Mental Health, and Physical Disability Delegates will be asked to put questions and comments on post-its, and these will be put to a panel for discussion at the end of the session.
- Messages from the Green Paper (70kb PDF file) – Paul Richardson, Department of Health.
- Adults Green Paper (255kb PDf file)- John Bolton, Director of Community Services, Coventry.
- Issues for CSCI: Quality, Performance and Methods (2680kb PDF file)- Bernadette Oxley, CSCI.
- Adult Social Care Information development Programme (85kb PDF file)- Roger Staton, Health and SocialCare Information Centre.
- People with a learning disability (1450kb PDF file)-Eric Emerson, Lancaster University.
- Older People – Terry Davies, Worcestershire County Council.
- People with physical and sensory disabilities (22kb PDF file)- Jeff Bashton, independent social care consultant.
- People with mental health problems (149kb PDF file)-Toby Williamson, Mental Health Foundation.
- CSCI matrix (66kb PDF file)