Wednesday 28 September 2005
COSLA Conference Centre, Edinburgh EH12 5XZ
Effective Joint Working and Integrated Plans are at the centre of the Scottish Executive’s agenda for improving services and outcomes for Children. This event will look at the Executive’s priorities for integrated children’s services planning, including integrated assessment and information sharing, quality improvement, joint inspections and plans to rationalise the many funding streams that support services for children and young people in Scotland.
There will also be discussion of how councils have prepared and implemented their ICSPs on a multi-agency basis. Specific issues for child protection, young people in transition and preventive services will also be considered.
An underlying theme will be the involvement of children and carers in developing services and informing the planning process.
- SSRG: Prevention and Outcome Analysis: What relevance for Children’s Services Planning? (79kb PDF file)David Allan, Warwickshire County Council
- ICSPs: Progress and Good Practice (184kb PDF file)Brenda Doyle and Martin Kettle
- Integrated Children’s Services Planning: For Highland’s Children (1260kb PDF file)Colin Macaulay, The Highland Council/Inverness Area Children’s Services Forum
- Edinburgh Edinburgh -spot the difference (405kb PDF file)Marion MacLeod
- Three Layers (91kb PDF file) Jim Stephen, Scottish Executive Education Department, Children and Families Division
- Starfish Tales (663kb PDF file)